Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 7, 2019

5th grade Winter Birch Trees


Welcome back from Christmas break! If you're like me, you have snow days on the brain! So I'm ready to do some snowy lessons! This week, 5th grade will be trying out this piece of art, inspired by a great art teacher, Caitlyn Thompson. You can check out her IG account at @artwithcoacht
Here's how we're going to create ours!

Day 1: Look at birch tree photos, and tape off our paper! 

Then, figure out where your ground will be, and start painting the sky!




I added salt to the wet paint to create a cool texture!

Before you take the tape off, paint some watery blue lines on the white to make some shadows in the snow
 
Day 2: Take tape off and add black lines with small pieces of cardboard and black paint!



 I do the left side 1st, since I'm right handed. Then, I turn the paper upside down, and do the other side!


Stay tuned for some awesome art! 
Here are a couple of my 5th grade classes, really trying their best! I'm so proud you you all!