Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Kindergarten Mother's Day Spring Bouquets



Before Spring break, I saw the cutest image on Art with Mrs. H's Instagram, and I wanted to try it out with our Kindergartners! I emailed one of the kindergarten teachers at our school, and asked how can we make this happen, and she said she would help me out!! Mrs. Campbell arranged a volunteer to come to school and help stamp the hand prints of ALL our sweet lil kinder kids! That is a task, let me tell you! They did a great job stamping their little hand, so the next part was up to me! 

Here's how we created ours! 
First, I passed out the art, pencils, and oil pastels, and we drew our stems and middles of our flowers together. ONE flower AT A TIME. Once they were drawn out with a pencil, and I went around to make sure their stems were long enough and spaced out far enough, they could trace with a green pastel, and add leaves. After, they added the stems, we added circles on the end of the stems and colored those in with a pastel.
After the finished their circles, I passed out containers of 6 different colors of liquid tempera paint. Crayola Artista II to be exact. 
I demonstrated how to paint petals just by painting lines going all the way around your circle! This may seem easy for you, but it's tricky for these lil 5 and 6 year olds who have never held a paintbrush before they came to our art class!

Here's some of the end results from Mrs. Kerr's class!





Here's some cuties from Mrs. Campbell's class!