Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

2nd Grade Charley Harper Raccoons


Today, 2nd grade will be starting their Charley Harper inspired Raccoons! This project came from the fabulous teacher, Cassie Stephens, and you can find her original post here!

Here's how we will make our own!
Materials:

Day 1: Talk about Charley Harper and draw our raccoon! Here's a link to Mrs. Stephens' video, if you want to try it again at home. We also need to start our Van Gogh inspired, Starry Night background! 

We will be putting the raccoon and tree on the right side, so you don't really have to worry about adding stars to that side!
I added a little texture to the raccoon by turning my black oil pastel to the side and coloring lightly. I added my moon and stars to my background paper with oil pastels too. 
If time permits, we'll add a wash of watered down watercolor. 

 Day 2:
Make tree, and assemble together!


 I added a few more stars by sprinkling some white paint on the background. 

 I'll probably jazz up the background some once it's dry, with some oil pastels again. 
I will assemble mine when it's dry!

Stay tuned for some awesome art!!