Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Kindergarten Snowy Cities


We're dreaming of a white Christmas around here, and are in snowy project mode! I found this one years ago, on Deep Space Sparkle I think (but I can't find the original link) :)

 Kindergarten finished their cool colored, wintry landscapes last week....
This was adapted from Art Projects for Kids
and we're moving on to some snowy cities!
Here's how we created them!
Materials: 
pencils 

Day 1: I show them my examples, show them pictures of snowy buildings, and demonstrate how they can make their own!
I'll give them a 9x12 piece of black paper, and 3x9" colored strips. I showed them how to draw shapes close to the top of the paper, to create the look of a building. 

We cut them out, glue them down, and then they can use the yellow strips I pre-cut for their windows! This took 1 45 minute class. 
Here's my amazing Spanish classes doing a fabulous job!! 














Day 2: We'll keep applying windows, and add some "snow"!