Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Chris Uphues Valentine's Hearts!


For the first time since I've been here, our school is going to do a Valentine's Day dance, and PTO approached me about the students making some decorations! 3rd grade kicked us off with some Chris Uphues inspired hearts! I was introduced to this artist by my favorite art teacher, Cassie Stephens. Click on her name and it'll take you to her blog, and show you all about Mr. Uphues, his art, and their projects! Here's how we made our own!

Materials:
Tru-Ray construction paper
Sax 60lb drawing paper
Sharpies
Ticonderoga pencils
Scissors
Glue Sticks

This took us 1, 45 minute class to finish! If they have time, they can make another! We need a lot of hearts to decorate with!

Here's a video of me cutting out a heart, and making the eyes for my Chris Uphues inspired heart!

Part 2, cutting out the eyes


Time lapse of me coloring the eye


Here I am finishing up my heart!


Here's a sheet I made for the kids to look at while they create


Here's some cute lil 3rd grade examples!
Great job my awesome artists!







Mrs. Parsons' class!


















Stay tuned for more awesome art!