Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

4th Grade Pop Art Emojis 😄


This week, 4th grade started creating their emojis for our Pop Art emoji, project! What's more popular than emojis right now?? Each day they've entered the art room, I've been getting oooh's and aahh's when they see what they're going to do on the board, and even 5th has been  asking when they get to do this! 
Here's how we created ours!



Supplies


Day 1: First I showed them what we'd be doing, and then showed them examples of emoji's on the computer. After I showed them how to trace, cut, and sketch them out, I demonstrated how to shade them like we did with our previous project that involved the Suns & Moons. For this project, I used 5 1/2 " pre cut squares, and a 5 1/4 in tracer to do the circle. I told them to sketch the expression lightly with a pencil, trace with a Sharpie, and color with Crayola color sticks. (If you don't have Crayola color sticks, I highly recommend you get some!)  Here's a link to Amazon to check them out. 

Day 2: I'll discuss and show examples of Pop Art, so they will see why we're arranging them the way we are! Those squares are 5 1/2" as well, and were actually leftover paper from anther project. (Waste not, want not! ) I colored these with Mr. Sketch markers, and I'll explain "Lawn Mower Coloring" to them, so their coloring will be a lot neater. Lawn mower coloring is just coloring in straight lines, like mowing a yard. After they finish coloring, they glue the pieces to a 12x12" black piece of construction paper. We like Tru-Ray the best!
Here's some awesome 4th grade artists, demonstrating how it's done! Great job!