Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Mother's Day Picasso Inspired Bouquets


It's finally warm and sunny, and we're finally done with testing!! HOOORAAAYY!! We have the beautiful outdoors, Spring/Summer, and Mother's Day on our minds right now! Why not mix a little Picasso in there too? You could do this with any grade, but I chose to try it with 3rd grade this week. It only took one 45 minute class!
Here's how we created our own.
Materials:

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back First, I show them an example of the painting we're getting inspiration from.

 I talk about Picasso, discuss where he is from, and how I was able to see his art in Spain when I studied abroad in Madrid. (UH-mazing)
I show them examples of his earlier work, and how realistic they were.

Then, I told them about a quote he said. " It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.
I explained to them we weren't trying to be perfect, that we were just going to keep it simple!

We did a directed drawing together of the hands. They trace their hands with Sharpie marker, and then added stems with green oil pastels.
Then I demoed how to paint ovals for the middles and contrasting colors for the petals. Easy, Fun, and Simply Beautiful!

Here's a video, showing how we drew ours!

Here's my sweet students hard at work and some finished masterpieces! 
Mrs. Torres' class











Ms. Campbell's class


















Here's some fabulous 1st graders trying it too!