Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

3rd Grade Paper Plate Circle Weaving



This week, we're going to attempt a project I've never tried before, but have wanted to for years! (Thanks Cassie Stephens!) Her colorful paper plate weavings, have always looked so spectacular, I wanted to try it out with our 3rd graders! Here's what we did!
Materials:

Day 1: Talk about, and look at examples of weaving. (They have only weaved with paper before) Show them my example, of my painted plate, and show them this video of me painting it. 

Then they can start on theirs!
Day 2: Start weaving! We have to put the string on the loom first though! Here's a video of me showing them how to start their loom.

 After you get the warp done, you're ready to weave! Here's a video of me showing them how to weave.


Here's a time lapse video of me weaving.


Here's our 3rd graders, hard at work on theirs!
Mrs. Fambrough's class is doing an AHhhhhmazing job! 









Mrs. Robertson's class is doing great as well!