Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 1, 2018

1st grade Love Monsters


Love these "Love Monsters" I've been seeing on Instagram! Thanks @artolazzi , @mrsplouffsartclass and Painted Paper Art for the inspiration! This project was originally inspired by the book Love Monster. 

Here's how we will be creating our own!



Pick your background color and use red or orange, to make your Love Monster. Fold your monster paper in half, and draw half a monster! Cut out and glue to your background.


Next, I used scrap paper to cut out hearts to decorate the background!


After the were glued down, I drew and cut out my eyes and teeth.



When that was glued on, I started outlining the hearts, and adding to the face, with a tiny paintbrush and tempera paint.

Then, I used a piece of cardboard, dipped in the same black paint, to add fur to my love monster. 



Can't wait to try this with 1st grade! 
Stay tuned for some awesome art!!

Check out these cuties from Mrs. Ross' class!!











Some fabulous first grade examples from Mrs. Walker's class!










Sweet lil Love Monsters from Mrs. Black's class!





Here are some lil love monsters from Mrs. Lyle's class!