Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Collage Animal Faces




Last week, 5th grade embarked on an EPIC project, that I've never tried before, but ever since I saw it on the SmART Class blog, I'v wanted to try it! 

Here's an example from their website! 
 SmART Class Cat

Btw, there's also a great tutorial on Art Room Britt's blog too!
Here's how we started ours!

Day 1: The kids can choose between a dog, cat, and bird of prey. We started on the eyes nose first. When I taught the first classs, I let them draw the eyes and noses themselves, but it was taking FOREVER, and they were a little too small. For the next class, I made a few tracers for the eyes, and nose, and that went much smoother! We drew them with pencil, traced them with black Jack Richeson Semi Moist paint, and then the next class filled in the irises with Crayola 28 pack oil pastels. 
They're off to a great start!










Mrs. Kilby's class is knocking it out of the park!!


Mrs. Kilby's class is almost done! Way to go my awesome artists!!






Here are some great examples from Mrs. Ross'class!

Here are some awesome examples from Mrs. Kilby's class!