Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Kindergarten Apples! 🍎


This week, Kindergarten started working on their color mixing apple project! We got our inspiration from the website Deep Space Sparkle, and decided to make our own!
Here's how we did it!




Day 1: I showed my example up on the screen, we talked about what we saw, and then I started to demo the project. I have large apple tracers cut out for them, and I showed them how to place them on their paper so they would all fit. We used 9x12" 90lb paper for this project. I showed them how to trace them with a black crayon after they finished tracing with a pencil, and then demoed how to paint! I painted my first apple red, my next apple yellow, and mixed red & yellow for the last apple. They love when the colors blend together to make other colors! When I finished, we passed out the materials, and got to work!
(For this project we used 9x12" 90lb paper, tempera cakes, apple tracers, black crayons, and pencils.) As the students were tracing, I showed them once more how to position their apples. Quite a few forgot, and were overlapping their apples! They're just little guys and girls after all! I thought they did quite well though! Here are their sweet little apples!


Next time, we'll work on our background, cut them out, and glue them on!