Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 11, 2019

5th Grade Radial Printmaking



Last week, 5th grade started working on their printmaking project! I was inspired by the art on Art with Mrs. P's blog, and decided to try it with our 5th graders!
Here's how we created ours!
Materials:
Pencils

Day 1: Discuss printmaking, show examples, and paint our background! I gave them 12x12", 90lb paper to paint. They can also color their background with oil pastels. Here'a a video of me coloring my background. 
Here I am painting a background



Here's a few 5th grade examples


Here's Mrs. Kilby's class, doing an excellent job on their backgrounds!!








After they finish their background, they get a 4x4" piece of paper to draw their design on. They will start in one corner, drawing large shapes. (So many want to draw a bunch of teeny/tiny things!!) They have to be easy to trace, and tiny things won't trace well and won't show up when they print. 
Here's my drawing and my printing plate.


Day 2: complete designs, put them on foam, and print!

Stay tuned for some awesome art! 

Here are some gorgeous prints from Mrs. Rogers class! 

Here are some great prints from Ms. Ross' class!



Mrs. Kilby's class did a great job!!



Mrs. Sisco's class did AMAZING!!