Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Welcome to the Art Room! Bienvenidos a la clase de arte!



This year, I wanted to incorporate a little more color and pizzazz into the art room!I also wanted to celebrate 2 Spanish Immersion Kindergarten classes being added to our school!
 So, I upcycled some party decorations my sister and I made (me-the cacti, Rebecca-flowers) to jazz up the place!
After I added the cacti, I thought they needed something so I printed out little cactus inspired sayings to liven them up as well. You'll also notice the "papel picado" or cut paper, above the doorways, bulletin boards, and back wall, really add a pop of color too! 
Frida Kahlo is our art spotlight, and the kids have really been recognizing her, thanks to the Disney movie Coco, and the Netflix series, "Who was Frida Kahlo". 
It's definitely a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy with it so far!
 Hope you enjoy this view into our little world of art! 
Y'all come back now, ya hear?! ;)
Pics below
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓






I ordered these cute Crayola Crayon signs from Oriental Trading!



I made these cacti out of cardboard and tempera paint, for my sister's baby shower, and got to reuse them in my classroom!
I used the papel picado from the same baby shower, flowers my sister made for her daughter's birthday party, and colorful border to make this Frida Kahlo inspired Artist Spotlight board
Just a few paintings I've done over the years, and a poster from the Dollar Tree!

Can you spot the Target dollar spot finds in this picture??
I jazzed up my closet doors this year, with some old posters I had in my flat file, and some I printed and laminated with my handy Scotch laminator !