Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

1st grade Winter Cardinals


This week, first grade started this cardinal painting inspired by Art Projects for Kids! They've really enjoyed making them, and I have to! It's tricky to find this to keep these kids cool, just a few days before break, but luckily there is a super strong and supportive art teacherin' community, who loves to share their ideas! I am so thankful for that!
Here are our kids, hard at work on theirs!

Materials:
Pencils
Sharpies
Jack Richeson paint
paintbrushes
Crayola oil pastels

(affiliate Amazon links)

Day 1: Draw, trace, and color everything except the cardinal and sky!

How to draw the cardinal



Here I am tracing my cardinal with a Sharpie marker

If the link doesn't work you can find the video here

Here I am coloring what needs to be colored with oil pastels




This is me painting my cardinal picture. I'll use these in my other 1st grade classes, instead of making a ton of examples! We have a 6 day rotation with 1st grade. 



Visit my Youtube Channel, Lauren Stacey Art, for more elementary art "how to" videos! Don't forget to hit subscribe! Thanks!

Here's some super cool first graders working really hard on their beautiful works of art!